The GameDay Football Zero Waste Touchdown Challenge is a nationwide competition among colleges and universities to reduce and recycle the waste generated at home football games.
2022 Challenge Guidelines and Rules:
- Choose one home football game to track and report your recycling, food organics, and trash data in pounds.
- Three categories will be available to participate in (campuses can participate in one or more of these categories):
- Recycling Per Capita (track and report on cans/bottles, paper and cardboard)
- Waste Minimization Per Capita (track and report on trash, recycling and food organics)
- Food Organics Per Capita (track and report on organics donated, reused or composted)
Host a cleanup as part of your GameDay Football events and help National Wildlife Federation reach our goal to collect one million pieces of trash! Fall is a great time to get outdoors and engage your students, faculty, staff and other game attendees in a cleanup event before the big game!
Join the Clean Earth Challenge and access free resources and tools, including the Litterati app to help you report your trash. Sign up today!
Final reporting for GameDay Football events will be due on December 9, 2022. Campuses will be asked to report on the following: total waste in pounds, date of game, arena, opponent, total attendees, etc. Winning campuses will be featured on the website, and via email and social media. The 2022 GameDay Football Zero Waste Touchdown Challenge report will be available by the end of October.
2022 Key Dates and Deadlines for the GameDay Football Challenge:
- Last day to register for the GameDay Challenge – Sunday, November 13, 2022
- Last day to hold GameDay Event – Saturday, November 26, 2022
- Deadline to report ALL data – Friday, December 9, 2022
- Winners announced! Wednesday, January 18, 2023