The GameDay Football Zero Waste Touchdown Challenge is a nationwide competition among colleges and universities to reduce and recycle the waste generated at home football games.
Congratulations to the 2022 Winners:
- Coastal Carolina University, South Carolina – Waste Minimization Per Capita (lowest generation of waste per capita)
- Recycling Per Capita – Stanford University, California (highest generation of recyclables per capita)
- Food Organics Per Capita – Lafayette College, Pennsylvania (highest generation of food organics per capita)
GameDay Football Zero Waste Touchdown Challenge Final Report (school participants, total amount diverted, recycled, and donated).
2022 Challenge Guidelines and Rules:
- Choose one home football game to track and report your recycling, food organics, and trash data in pounds.
- Three categories will be available to participate in (campuses can participate in one or more of these categories):
- Recycling Per Capita (track and report on cans/bottles, paper and cardboard)
- Waste Minimization Per Capita (track and report on trash, recycling and food organics)
- Food Organics Per Capita (track and report on organics donated, reused or composted)
Final reporting for GameDay Football events will be due on December 9, 2022. Campuses will be asked to report on the following: total waste in pounds, date of game, arena, opponent, total attendees, etc. Winning campuses will be featured on the website, and via email and social media. The 2022 GameDay Football Zero Waste Touchdown Challenge report will be available by the end of October.
2022 Key Dates and Deadlines for the GameDay Football Challenge:
- Last day to register for the GameDay Challenge – Sunday, November 13, 2022
- Last day to hold GameDay Event – Saturday, November 26, 2022
- Deadline to report ALL data – Friday, December 9, 2022
- Winners announced! Wednesday, January 18, 2023