The GameDay Recycling Challenge (GDRC) is a nationwide competition among universities to reduce and recycle the waste generated at home football games.
Congratulations to the 2021 GameDay Recycling Challenge Winners:
Clemson University in South Carolina – Recycling Per Capita Category
Ohio State University – Food Organics Per Capita
North Carolina State University: Waste Minimization Per Capita
2021 Challenge Guidelines and Rules:
- Choose one home football game to track and report your recycling, food organics, and trash data in pounds.
- Three categories will be available to participate in (campuses can participate in one or more of these categories):
- Recycling Per Capita (track and report on cans/bottles, paper and cardboard)
- Waste Minimization Per Capita (track and report on trash, recycling and food organics)
- Food Organics Per Capita (track and report on organics donated, reused or composted)
If your campus would like to participate in GameDay Football this season, please email CR2ZW@nwf.org with your school name and your athletic conference.
Final reporting for GameDay Football events will be due on December 10, 2021. Campuses will be asked to report on the following: total waste in pounds, date of game, arena, opponent, total attendees, etc. Winning campuses will be featured on the website, and via email and social media.
Complete the 2021 GameDay Football Recycling Challenge Reporting Online Form (enter in your game location. total attendance, total weights of waste, and more). Reporting is due December 10, 2021.
2021 Key Dates and Deadlines for the GameDay Recycling Challenge
- Last day to register for the GameDay Challenge – Sunday, November 14, 2021
- Last day to hold GameDay Event – Saturday, November 26, 2021
- Deadline to report ALL data – Friday, December 10, 2021
- Winners announced! Wednesday, January 12, 2022