Campus Race to Zero Waste 2022 Case Study Opportunity
We want to hear how you’re promoting and improving recycling and waste reduction at your school. More important, we want to share your success with coordinators at other schools to help them improve their outreach going forward.
All colleges and universities are welcome to submit a case study, even if you didn’t participate in the 2022 Campus Race to Zero Waste competition.
Winners will be recognized in four categories:
- Education and Awareness Campaign
- Waste Minimization
- Food Waste Reduction
- Summary of Waste Reduction Efforts (more than 1 project/effort, over at least 1 year timeframe)
Submissions are due no later than June 20, 2022 and winners will be notified by August 2022. Please email completed WORD template form and supplemental documents (photos, newspaper articles, website links, etc. to CR2ZW@nwf.org with “Case Study submission” in the subject line.
Please focus your case study on one component of your program. This could be your outreach and marketing strategies, fundraising strategies, techniques to engage key campus stakeholders to ensure your success, connecting with off-campus partners, key events or gatherings, incentives for engagements, etc.
Judging criteria includes:
- Creativity – The promotion was original or was done with a creative, original twist.
- Transferability – How easily could the promotion be replicated at other schools; planning and execution steps are clearly explained for others to replicate.
- Results – What impact did the promotion have? How well is the case study able to quantify the number of people the promotion reached, measured quantity of materials recycled or reduced, etc.
- Detailed and Concise – Case study communicates the important details concisely, allowing readers to understand enough to be able to replicate the event or activity.
- Part of Campus Race to Zero Waste (CR2ZW) Competition – The project/effort must be a part of the 2 month competition timeframe (February/March).
- Photos or other creative materials – Photos, digital examples of creative materials or written outreach messaging related to the promotion are provided.
Note: All submissions for the 2021 Campus Race to Zero Waste Case Study Competition will be featured in the Learn From Your Peers section of the website.